Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from January, 2011

Build Wine rpm with 32 bit application support

Wine is a software to allow running Windows applications in Linux, MAC etc. platforms. It is available for installation from package managers like yum (RHEL, CentOS) and apt (Ubuntu). You can find more details on how it works in Wine wiki.

But the default Wine package available from package manager does not have support for 32 bit Windows applications. This was the case for me. In Redhat Enterprise Linux 7.3, the wine package did not contain support for 32 bit windows applications. So the only option was to build a separate rpm of wine which will include this support.

All the steps are executed on a RHEL 7.3 VM (x86_64).

Step 1
Download and run shell script which will make wine 64 and 32 support for RHEL: https://github.com/zma/usefulscripts/blob/master/script/install-wine-i686-centos7.sh It accepts a version no. as CLI parameter e.g. 2.0.3

The script installs wine in /usr/local/ directory by default. We can verify the files that are being copied for wine using "cd /usr/src/wine-2.0.…

Get JSON data response with JQuery Form plugin for a file upload form

My latest project involves JQuery for UI development. Frankly speaking, I did not have much idea of JQuery before. But I found it very easy to understand. All APIs are well documented with lots of examples available on Internet. The best feature of JQuery is its plugins. There are thousands of plugins available to play with. For every need of my web app I could find a plugin.

In my web app I am using JQuery Form plugin to submit the forms through AJAX. The return from my servlet is JSON object. The form plugin works great for all my forms. Well almost all, there is a HTML form which has a file upload box along with other input fields. This form was not able to get the response in JSON format. Though it worked in Google Chrome, but Firefox was presenting me with a file save dialog box.
I did a lot of googling to find out whats going on. Finally I observed that the problem is with HTTP headers that the form submit request has. Here are the headers captured by Chrome



As you can see the